Thursday, February 8, 2024

Week 32: Viktor Krum - Fort Smith, Arkansas

"Short haircut" < "Bulgarian Quidditch fade"


👨‍🦲🧹🎾


Hey all!

Well, it's 10:20 and I'm hitting writer's block already, so I'll probably end up scheduling this to send tomorrow morning. This week might not be as polished as I'd like it to be, but I hope it still gives you a picture of life as a missionary for Christ.

~

- A family I taught with Elder Kemp in Bentonville, the Juarez-Andrianos, got baptized last week! 

- I gave a 15-minute talk on 15-minute notice last Sacrament meeting. Fun stuff.

- Transfers! Elder Bigelow (my main companion) is going to Cassville, MO and Elder Smythe (my Spanish Zone Leader companion) is going to Springdale, AR, so I'll be hitting the streets of Fort Smith and Barling, AR with Elder Keller starting this Friday. I hear he's quiet but hardworking, experienced, and very obedient, so I'm looking forward to learning from him. 

- I went on a bunch of exchanges with other missionaries this week: 

1) Elder Fife, AP: quiet, relaxed, skillful, and consecrated. We went searching for Marshallese families to teach for hours with no luck, but we had a great time and even got some free Gatorade

2) Elder Miller, DL: a kind missionary who's finishing his two years just a couple of days from now. His smile is even bigger than his muscles. 

3) Elder Illguth, Elder Miller's trainee: the Arkansas Bentonville Mission's resident polar bear. Hails from the small town of North Pole, Alaska. We went finding in this one neighborhood and a little dog there went door-to-door with us for a solid hour and a half.

Throw in Elder Bigelow, Elder Smythe, and soon Elder Keller and I'll have served with six different missionaries in one week. Social butterfly status achieved. 

~

Song of the week: "Kyoto" by Phoebe Bridgers

~

Thoughts: oof it's 10:50


1) How should I measure success as a missionary?

"Wrestling with Comparisons" by J.B. Haws


2) How can I deal with faith-shaking questions?

"Stand Forever" by Lawrence E. Corbridge

~

Well, I have a favor to ask before I wrap this up that I'd really appreciate your help with. 

This area has a lot of potential and I have the feeling I'm about to get a very good companion. The adversary sees this and is going to be working overtime to try and break us down this transfer, but that opposition simply will not matter if we go in the strength of the Lord. So, if y'all wouldn't mind, would you pray for us here in the Fort Smith Zone, please?

The power of prayer is real. I know that when we reach out to God in faith, He will always be there.

2 Nephi 32:8-9

~

Love you all! Your support means the world to me. As always, if there's anything I can help with while I'm down South, just let me know.

- Elder Rigby

Elder Fife

Also Elder Fife



Dog we tracted with for an hour and a half

Neinei's baptism 2.8.24



Elder Illguth from North Pole, Alaska

Elder Miller


"Stand Forever" by Lawrence E. Corbridge (BYU Devotional)

No comments:

Post a Comment