Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Week 65 - Fayetteville, Arkansas

 Hey all! I woke up feeling sicky today but at least it was pretty mild yesterday. Speaking of which, thank you all so much for the birthday wishes yesterday! My birthday was different but all the things that mattered were the same. 


Since I'm low on time, here's my week:

Thursday through Sunday: 
Boy, we fell out of the boat for a few days. I won't go into detail but it was a real hard few days for us. We're good now though. 

Anyways, party week:

Monday: 
We had two friends along to our church volleyball night! Plus, someone gave me a big ol' monstera plant when we were out knocking doors. 

Tuesday 🥳
we had exchanges with the Huntsville Elders! I went with my good friend Elder Dildine and had a great day. 20th birthday party part 1: eating hobo soup (made by the one and only Sister Cannon, my surrogate grandma from my very first area) with three other Elders at 8:30 at night in a frat-house-turned-church on a college campus in northwest Arkansas. Absolutely unreal vibe.

Today: 
P-day! Long story short, it was a good one. 20th birthday party part 2: Emotional Resilience class with the YSAs and a huge box of Nerds gummy clusters from my dad. Plus, I bought some Pokémon cards with all the coins we've found while knocking doors and one of my member friends gave me a plant. Good stuff. 

Tomorrow: 
Exchanges with Elder Illguth! He's basically Elder Foster but jacked. This will be our third exchange together but the last time was all the way back in Fort Smith like eight months ago so it'll be fun to work together again. 

Friday: Zone Conference! We'll be heading up to a big meeting with our mission leaders and a ton of other missionaries so that's gonna be awesome. 


Thought: DIY

I'm sorry y'all, I'm out of time this week. I want to share some things that describe my experiences with the Spirit and sharing Christ's love with others but I think it'll have to come in IKEA form tonight. Combine these three things and it'll give a good picture of what I've learned this week:

1) Mosiah 7:18: "an effectual struggle"


2) "BrokEn" by Coldplay

3) "Stay in the Boat and Hold On!" by Elder M. Russell Ballard



Love you all! Friendly reminder: it's all true.

Love, 
Elder Rigby

PS After reading this again this morning, I realized I should probably add a note to give more context:

When I said "we fell out of the boat," I meant we had a hard few days physically, mentally, and spiritually, not that we experienced personal apostasy like Elder Ballard talks about at times in the message I linked at the bottom. I'm not perfect but I don't plan on leaving the Lord anytime soon.

John 6:67-69:

 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 

 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.





No comments:

Post a Comment